About This Class
In this course seven credit DONA CEU course, you will learn to teach and troubleshoot the use of all of the major styles of baby carriers on the market. We will review CPSIA incident report data and discuss the true safety concerns of babywearing. You will leave feeling empowered to to give your clients the most up to date and accurate babywearing information.
- Teach caregivers safe and optimal use of ring slings, stretchy wraps, woven wraps, mei tais, and soft structured carriers.
- Describe optimal positioning for a newborn and position a newborn correctly in any baby carrier.
- Teach caregivers about safety when using baby carriers and understand what the true safety concerns are.
- Troubleshoot common errors in carrier use to enhance baby and caregiver comfort.
- Answer questions regarding baby carrier use.
- Teach breastfeeding in any baby carrier as well as repositioning after breastfeeding.
- Explain how babywearing helps facilitate breastfeeding, kangaroo care, as well as the development of the baby.